lightkeeper under the blanket

Thursday, March 13

inventory:

scratches and bruises all over body. huge healing bite mark on my left breast. scrape on my ass. let's just say my "going-away party" was interesting and horrible and i have discovered something about myself. which is that i am developing an extremely frightening tendency towards violence. i scare the shit out of myself. and alcohol is off-limits for now. i'm a monster. i don't even know who i am anymore. i mean, some guy i don't even know BIT MY BREAST! and then i found out the next day (from an eyewitness)....i bit him first. jesus. i hope i didn't break his skin, because he broke mine. through my shirt and all.

okay, on with the inventory. i am home. i have received at least ten lovely, uplifting emails from friends. that is very good. i have applied for one job already, and i've only been home a day. i am making good food. K and i sorely need time apart. i miss him but he is being very good about sending me nice little emails. i think this will be good for "us." i miss nate and jean-max and columbo and chris and all my other pals from the pub. i am happy to be home and i am taking good care of myself and drinking ten glasses of water a day and painting my toenails and watching funny movies and reading a couple books. i am going out tonight with my friends from home. hopefully i will resist the siren call of 75-cent gin-and-tonics.

i missed my flight on monday due to stupid circumstances and i got my flight on tuesday morning and i have had several panic attacks and nightmares and all of this shit. but now i am home and sleeping lots and did i mention drinking water? good.

okay: important. anyone who wants to see me while i am in ohio in april must sign my guestbook now. also sign it on behalf of other people if you like. then i will compile a master list. yes. keara made me think of this idea. good girl keara.

today i am making pea-and-garlic soup for my parents for lunch. yay! maybe i will make popovers as well. anyone who wants at least three delicious ways to use frozen peas as the basis for a meal can sign my guestbook, too. or else just buy nigella lawson's book, because that's where i learned. for the record: soup, risotto, souffle. all composed mostly of green peas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home