lightkeeper under the blanket

Friday, May 27

today when i got to work the turkish consulate and the speaker of the turkish parliament were taking a tour. there were secret service guys all over the place. it was really really funny. the boy who sits at the info desk and i were laughing about it.

i am doing the most ludicrous things to distract myself from the thought of finals. i am having a really hard time coming up with a topic for this class where i'm kind of out of my depth. one other final is a shoo-in (regurgitate, just have to wait to get the topic...) and the other is a weekly paper and no final.

frank might come here this summer. then again, he said that last summer... and i have gotten a couple other invitations from friends... so i need to figure out what the hell i'm doing.

i might get a job transcribing interviews.

3 Comments:

  • summer tiiiiimeeee.

    yay! semi-freedom...for you. hey, we want to visit this summer...like, in the first two weeks of august, because those are the only weeks off this summer I might have. what are you up to for that? or maybe you could visit here...we have a pull out couch and we just got a futon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

  • I work with a couple of Turks. I always want to ask them what they think about the oppression of Kurds in their country (thanks, Schubel), but I keep my mouth shut, mostly.

    By Blogger Bigtooth, at 8:55 PM  

  • I like fried turkey.

    Reunion weekend just wasn't the same without you. But it was still fun. :) And there's always next year.

    Keep a little piece of summer-time open for my visit, too.

    Please and thank you, ma'am.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home